Want to start Home Schooling?
Need support for Home Schooling?
BCA is a legal home school covering in Alabama. We are a statewide cover and have an office in Magnolia Springs & Fairhope.BCA is a ministry of Magnolia Springs Wesleyan and Eastern Shore Wesleyan Church. You can visit www.MSWChurch.com for information about our church home. ESWC website is under construction. Currently we have 100 families enrolled in BCA.
Bridge Christian Academy is a legal home school covering for Christian parents who desire to home school their children for the purpose of providing academic excellence with a Biblical worldview. Our purpose is to offer support, encouragement and accountability for home school families.
We are an affiliate group of HSLDA and our families recieve a discount with them. Group rate is $95.
The state of Alabama recognizes three types of schools: public, private and church. The definition of a church school is:
"Includes only such schools as offers grades K-12, or any combination thereof including kindergarten, elementary, or secondary level and are operated as a ministry of a local church, group of churches, denomination, and or/association of churches on a nonprofit basis which do not receive any state or federal funding." S16-28-1(2)
2014/15 Top 21 Benefits of BCA:
1. A system of encouragement & support
2. A means of accountabiliy
3. Curriculum counseling
4. Liaison with public school and Board of Education (We provide reports that Board of Education requires.)
5. Field Trips
6. Home School Legal Defense Association Group Member
7. ACT/SAT (College Boards) Infomation & High School Code
8. The maintenance & processing of Academic Records
9. Used Book Store
10. Annual Book Sale
11. Orientation Clinic for new famlies
12. Workshops/Training seminars
13. ACT Workshop
14. The provision of official high school transcripts for scholarships and college application
15. Transcripts for students who transfer back into public or private school
16. K5 Graduation and Reception
17. High School Prom
18. Standard, Academic & Advanced Academic Diplomas Awarded
19. Valedictorian/Salutatiorian Awarded/Leadership Awards
20. Senior Breakfast
21. Graduation and Reception
Upon enrollment we offer consulting on choosing the best home school curriculum for your children. See "Parent Manual" for more info. Grades and attendance will be due 2x year on January 10th and June 10th. Unless you inform the office of a reason for being late with grades/attendance you may be dropped if the office does not receive a hard copy by mail to our office by the end of January and June. If there is a reason that you need more time we will work with you.
~$99.00 total for upcoming school year - each family that is currently enrolled if received by June 30th ($99 with FREE registration)
~$25.00 enrollment fee plus $99.00 per family if received by July 31st ($124)
~$25.00 enrollment fee plus $139.00 per family if received August 1st or after ($164)
Orientation meeting is scheduled the 1st Thursday in September. (free door prizes)
For more info call (251) 979-6227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Address: PO Box 462, Magnolia Springs, AL 36555 (251.979-6227)